The Power of Visualization:
If you’re curious or at least leery as to whether or not Visualization actually works, I would like to share something with you.
Here’s a study conducted by Dr. Blaslotto at the University of Chicago in 1996 on visualization.
Dr. Blaslotto’s study was conducted by asking a group of students who had been randomly selected to take a series of free-throws. The percentage of made free throws were tallied. The students were then divided into three groups and asked to perform three separate tasks over a 30 day period.
– The first group was told not to touch a basketball for 30 days, no practicing or playing basketball whatsoever.
– The second group was told to practice shooting free throws for a half hour a day for 30 days
– The third group was to come to the gym every day for 30 days and spend a half hour with their eyes closed, simply visualizing hitting every free-throw.
After the 30 days all three groups were asked to come back and take the same number of free-throws they had in the beginning of the study.
– The first group of students who did not practice at all showed no improvement
– The second group had practiced every day and showed a 24% improvement
– The third group however, the group which had simply visualized successful free-throws, showed a 23% improvement
The measurable improvement in the group that purely visualized the exercise was virtually the same as the group who had physically practiced.
If you were to ask Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan about visualization, they would tell you that before they take a shot they visualize success.
Why wouldn’t you visualize success in your mind’s eye before any activity? This is your life.
Visualize yourself as a successful person; spend a few minutes each and every day impressing that person which you want to become into your subconscious.
This will also sharpen your concentration skills and your will power.
To Your Success,